Quick and Easy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with Coriander are a perfect savory snack for any occasion! Crunchy, savory and perfect for fall. Turn those ovens on and get moving!
STOP! So you’ve made our Ultimate Rich and Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo and used the strands for our Better Than Crumbl Pumpkin Cookies, but don’t forget the seeds! The roasted seeds are the best part; well not really (you can’t top those cookies) but they’re still darn good! Our third installment of Fall Flavors, Quick and Easy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with Coriander recipe will show you how quick and easy it is to make this delicious little snack.
Pumpkins Seeds Make Me Nostalgic
Every year as a child, my mother would roast pumpkin seeds for us. That buttery goodness was such a delight and one I looked forward to every year. I don’t know if it was just being young, but it seemed to take forever… Clean the pumpkin seeds, let them dry, then bake, and finally cool. Come on, just give me the seeds! The anticipation is killing me!
These Are Actually Healthy!
Other than a snack, did you know pumpkin seeds are healthy for you? Probably not as healthy once doused in salt and butter, but lets pretend otherwise! According to Healthline.com, pumpkin seeds are rich in iron, zinc, magnesium, antioxidants, and more! And it doesn’t stop there, they improve heart function, help with sleep, are high in fiber, and plenty more benefits can be found in the article here!
Here Are a Few Fun Variations!
It’s always fun to test new flavors and spices. I’ve used pirri pirri seasoning, tikka masala spices, cinnamon and sugar, but my go to is always back to the basics… Butter, Salt, Ground Coriander
Honestly, there isn’t much more to say about pumpkin seeds. I can tell you that I love fresh pepitas, the shell free pumpkin seeds, for a crunch in a salad or even a handful just to hold me over until dinner. On that note, save those seeds and have some fun roasting them!
Tips and Tricks
- Use a Salad Spinner to dry your Pumpkin Seeds! OXO makes a great salad spinner, but they’re all pretty similar.
- Once your pumpkin seeds are nearing completion, watch carefully in the oven! Roasted pumpkin seeds go from perfect to burned very quickly…
- What color is your baking sheet? Dark baking sheets distribute heat much quicker than light colored baking sheets. Have you ever wonder why those cookies cooked faster than anticipated? With all things equal, this is a big factor. King Arthur has a great blog post regarding this.
- Having trouble separating your pumpkin seeds? It used to be tedious work until you learned this tip… Using a large mixing bowl, fill it 3/4 with water and drop in your pumpkin seeds with the pulp and strands. Squeeze the seeds in the water, the pulp sinks while the seeds float! That was easy!
- Your seeds will stay crunchy for a week in open air. If they’re getting a little stale, throw them in the oven for 4-5 minutes at 200°F.